APF’s Academy is committed to furthering the field of ABA and ASD by promoting expertise in the application of behavioral treatment. The Academy is dedicated to promoting accessible and effective autism treatment, training the next generation of professionals, educating those impacted by ASD, disseminating empirically supported information, and advancing the science of quality ABA.
We believe that in order for professionals to provide quality intervention they must be well trained. Training should not be considered accomplished merely based on the length of time one has participated.
Competency should be measured with objective data and should not be based solely on how well a professional can talk about an activity but rather how well they can perform the activity. By combining intensive didactic training and extensive supervised hands-on experience, we believe that professionals can implement a wide variety of ABA based procedures with individuals diagnosed with ASD with the utmost quality.
Advancing professional standards and treatment of individuals with diagnosed with ASD through research and training.
- Training professionals in the implementation of quality ABA intervention
- Increasing knowledge of the core concepts of ABA
- Increasing knowledge of the core features of ASD
- Providing ongoing training to professionals via multiple modalities
- Improving the quality of intervention available to individuals diagnosed with ASD receive
- Increasing the general public’s understanding of ABA and ASD intervention
For more information, please contact Justin B. Leaf at email@example.com